Thursday, July 1, 2010

Peppermint Soda

Two weeks ago I started a ginger culture so I could make some lacto-fermented soda. I am not going to go into how to make it as there is an awesome tutorial on youtube and this is the second part.Anyways, I did want to share with you my experience trying a different type of soda considering that the recipe is actually for a ginger soda. Well I have no idea how it turned out as I only bottled it yesterday and have until Saturday before I should try it. I decided to use 1.5 oz. of fresh peppermint leaves from my garden.

Now that I think on it I probably shouldn't have used as much lemon juice as I did, I imagine it will be a lot like peppermint lemon soda.

As you can see I use a gallon size iced tea jug, cheesecloth, and rubber band to keep the soda in until we bottle it.

I will update this post in a few days to let you know how it went.

EDIT: Well we tried it last night and I have a little video showing how it went.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to make my own soda for a long time. Thanks for this blog!

    Kelly
    the herb'n housewife

    ReplyDelete